Sunday, February 25, 2007

Through the Eyes of a Child

Tonight, Dylan and I went over to my aunt and uncle's house for dinner. On the way there Dylan said he saw Cedie. He was real excited and kept saying "look mom, can't you see her, she got her wings!" He said he saw her in the clouds. In fact, she was pushing the black cloud out of the way for the sun. He said that must be the job Jesus needed her for. He said he thought he could even see Jesus' hand guiding her. He said "mommy, she looks so happy!"

Needless to say, I was grateful for my big sunglasses at that point. He couldn't see how his words torn through me. I didn't want to spoil his obvious joy. I did glance in the direction he was talking about but I just couldn't see it. O, to see through the eyes of a child!


***On a much lighter note, my grandmother and my aunt (both from St. Louis) were one of the lucky ones who attended the Oscars tonight! Believe it or not, my aunt won the trip which included staying at a famous hotel, tickets for either Oprah's Ball or the Governor's Ball, and a walk down the red carpet! I can't wait to hear the stories!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jennifer, words escape me when it comes to posts like this. As I wipe away the tears, I just dont know what to say. You have a very special little boy on your hands, thats for sure! You should be so proud of Dylan--he already understands what some adults never come to understand, the love of Jesus. And while Cedie is watching over all of you from Heaven, it seems like sweet Dylan is still watching over his little sister from here on earth. Oh what a reunion to look forward to!!!!!!! Keep your head up--the best is yet to come. And by the way--next time warn us so we too can put on our sunglasses first. :)

Thanks for sharing and God Bless!
Lindsay Godsey

Crystal M. said...

WOW!! I think I need your big sunglasses right now. I do believe children can see things we can not. Cedie will be your guardian angel for everyone in the family forever. You are all always in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Unknown said...

oh how sweet he saw her u no she probly was there telling him and u that she was doin k

Amy, Mike and Ben Russo said...

I like to think that children see things we don't or can't because our brains are trained to try and make sense out of things. Kids on the other hand, they just see what they see and don't question it. Dylan is such a sweet boy and the things he says touch me time after time!