Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas Time

As Christmas gets closer, I find it gets harder and harder for me to deal with it. I was going through a catalog this morning, looking for presents to buy. I suddenly found myself crying because I want to buy girly presents for Cedie. I want her to be here to enjoy them! Jesus gave us one good Christmas with her and for that I am and will always be truly grateful but I also selfishly want more than one! I found myself wondering which Christmas was worse- that first Christmas when she was in the ICU or this Christmas without her here. Rationally, I know she's better in Heaven than she was that Christmas when they had to induce her into a coma because she was so sick. However, a grieving mother's heart is not rational.

I decided to look on the web for suggestions from other grieving mothers on how to deal with the holidays. I found a site that had some good suggestions from other grieving moms and a really nice poem. I know I am not the only one who misses Cedie- she was so very loved by so many, so I am putting the link on here...

http://www.angelabode.com/holidayideas.html

Here was a good article about helping kids get through the holidays after a loss (those of you who will see Dylan this holiday season-this is a good article for you to read)

Also this poem titled "What is Normal after five years? was great. It really expressed my "normals" since Cedie left.

1 comment:

Crystal M. said...

Hello sweetie, I wanted you to know I have been thinking about you and I have something for you but I do not think it will get to you in time for Christmas. But I just wanted you to know something was coming for you and the family.
Hugs,
Crystal