Thursday, January 3, 2008

Island Hopping Thursday

The skies were beautiful again today but it was still a little chilly (much better than yesterday though. We decided it would be a good day for island hopping. After an early lunch at The Beached Whale on Fort Myers Island, we headed over to Captiva Island (this was one of my most favorite parts of the trip). This beach was amazing! Not a good place to walk barefooted- but you want find a better beach to collect seashells! In the pics below you can see what I mean. There were thousands of shells and tons of people out searching through them. We collected a sackful. It actually warmed up a little while we were there so Chris and Dylan took off their shoes so they could reach the shells at the shore line (you can't keep Dylan out of the water for long!) I didn't intend to get my feet wet so I kept on my shoes...until I got underestimated the tide trying to reach a shell that caught my eye!

After Captiva Island, we headed to Sanibel Island and saw their lighthouse! It was beautiful. (can you tell how in love I am with this part of Florida????). From the shore of this island, you can see Fort Myers across the water- I really had to test my zoom feature though.

Next we headed back to our island, Fort Myers Beach, and took a quick stroll on the beach in front of our hotel.

We ate at a fun place for dinner- Parrot Key Caribbean Grill. We went to bed early because early tomorrow morning we are headed on a boat trip to Key West!

No comments: