Friday, May 2, 2008

I'M DONE!!

After 9 semesters, which spanned over 10 years, after 45 classes, 130 credits: I have finally finished my bachelor's degree (with honors, I might add)! I took my last exam yesterday and my graduation is tomorrow.

So many ask: "What are you going to do now?"

I plan to write a book, actually two. I want to write a book on Cedie's life. Using the blog entries from her blog, I hope to put into words her life's story(complete with tons of pictures, of course, because she was so beautiful!). I hope it will be as inspirational as she was.

I also plan to write my own "creative non-fiction narrative" on my experience of motherhood. I began research for this project this past semester for an independent study. My main goal is to get this story published so that other mothers who find themselves facing such difficult obstacles can find some comfort in knowing they are not alone and they can make it through things with the help of God, family, and friends.

Besides writing books, I also plan to keep my job as Office Manager for Delta Surveillance and spend more time with my wonderful son and husband, who have been so amazingly supportive as I put myself through school.

We also plan to get more serious in our adoption search, now that I will have more time. We are praying on one possibility right now and we should know more about that towards the middle of this month and can proceed from there.

The graduation ceremony is tomorrow and Chris has said he will take picture, so look for that post Sunday or so.

Thank you all for your support.

6 comments:

GodseySix said...

Way to go girl! Feels good doesn't it? I look forward to hearing how the focus on adoption goes. Do keep us updated! Congratulations again!

Anonymous said...

Congrat Jen!!!
I think it is awesome that you kept going! And honors?! WOW!
Have a great day!!

Mary said...

I am so proud of you! Give yourself a pat on the back for me. I cannot how fast it went!

I will definitely be thinking about you during your graduation. I remember when my husband got his MBA I felt like I got it too. I am sure your husband and son feel likewise. It is a family project.

Unknown said...

WOW you amazing and i would lvoe to c ur books

Crystal M. said...

Way to go Jen!! I am so proud of you and I know your family is as well.
I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers with the adoption and I hope it all goes well and smoothly for you all.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

Congratulaions on graduating! What an amazing accomplishment!