Friday, May 30, 2008

My Wonderful Son

On their way home this afternoon, Dylan informed Chris that he did not want a job when he grows up. He wants to do his art and build a house. This led to the following conversation about art:

Dylan: did you know that when someone tells me to draw something, I don't have to draw exactly what they say?
Chris: Explain.
Dylan: If someone tells me to draw a star, I can draw Cedie.
Chris: What if they tell you to draw a rose
Dylan: I can draw mom.
Chris: A tree?
Dylan: Grandpa
Chris: A flower?
Dylan: Cedie

Is he not the most thoughtful, sweet, seven year old ever???

2 comments:

GodseySix said...

Whoa--did you say seven!? My goodness, I thought he was six. Man, time goes by so fast! Indeed, he is the most thoughtful and sweet seven year old. Gotta love it when kids come up with this stuff. It sure shows you where their hearts are.

Crystal M. said...

I was just talking about Dylan to a friend of mine as I told her all about our CHARGE friends and families and I told her how Dylan always is so sweet and makes me cry all the time with his sweet, kind, wonderful words.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva