Thursday, June 7, 2007

1st Day of Camp

Today was the 1st day for Dylan and I at Camp Braveheart.

Dylan was nervous at first but they quickly took care of that. Right away he met a boy who was his age who lost his 6 month old sister in January. The two of them clicked and were best of friends by the end of the day. Also, his counselor was the child life services lady from LeBonheur. She was the one that always brought him (& Cedie) toys at the hospital and she was the one who helped him to say his goodbyes the night before she passed. Dylan was excited to see her. He got to make several different crafts and got to talk about his sister to kids who were going through similar situations. They also played water games. He was so excited and couldn't wait to go back the next day.

I got to meet some other adults who have experienced a loss this year. Some lost their spouse, their sibling, or their parent. There was always two of us who lost our children. The mom of Dylan's friend and I really hit it off. Her little girl's birthday is June 26th (just 10 days after Cedie's). We got to do crafts too. We made a stepping stone for our yards/gardens. Mine said "Some only dream of angels, I've held one in my arms ~ Cedie". We also talked about the benefits of journaling and received new journals of our own. Talking in a group setting like that was hard but I made it through and felt better afterwards.

We will both be returning tomorrow.

1 comment:

Crystal M. said...

I am so glad you both had someone who you could relate too.
God bless and I love the stone!!
Crystal and Eva