Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Cedie's Supplies

Today I faced a fear and hopefully it will do some good.

Through a couple of Cedie's LeBonheur nurses, whom I now call good friends, I finally found a place for the over $7000 worth of medical supplies that I still had. One of the LeBonheur ICU attending doctors is going on a doctors w/out borders type of mission trip and he said he could definitely put those supplies to good use.

So, today I went back to LeBonheur. I had not been since the day she passed, back in Januray. Thankfully, my nurse friend went with me. I honestly don't think I could have done it without her. Walking in the TCU was harder than walking in her bedroom at home for the first time. I guess it was because she was there more. It was our second home for so long. I got to see many familiar faces and overall it was a positive experience for me. I feel like I was able to get some closure there.

Thank you Sharon and Kim for helping me find a good home for all of those supplies. And thank you so much Kim for your support today.

3 comments:

Crystal M. said...

That was such a wonderful thing you did. I am also glad you made it threw the day.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Unknown said...

What a wonderful gift....another person will benefit greatly.. I am in awe.....
Jaye Greene (via Max's blog)...

Anonymous said...

How difficult it must have been to let go of those supplies of Cedie's. However, Cedie would be happy that her mommy shared the necessities of her life so that another child might be able to surive. You're so great Jennifer.