Friday, July 6, 2007

Crazy Family

Dylan never ceases to amaze me with his gift of words and ability to express his feelings.

Last night Dylan and I went for a walk. We were talking and laughing. Then he says to me "Mom, you're crazy! And daddy is crazy too. Cedie's even crazy." I said "you think so" He said "well yeah! Like when she would grab my nose, or sit in your lap reading your book when she couldn't even read, or when she would rub daddy's head all the time!" I was so delighted that he holds such small little things that made her who she was.. He then went on to amaze me even more by saying "I don't know about my new sister. Maybe she's crazy like us too! He was referring to the sister we hope God has out there waiting for us to adopt and bring in to our family. It reminded me of his faith in us as his parents and in God. Most kids his age would not take the possibility of adoption by faith without knowing specifics, like pictures, names, dates, etc. He ended the line of conversation by saying "but I'm the craziest and I make my family smile"

Thinking back on this talk I remembered that I took some pictures of my "crazy" Dylan and I haven't posted them yet. Enjoy!






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

I'm glad that you posted this conversation between you and Dylan. I have often thought about your family and wondered how the adoption was coming along. It is so great to hear that Dylan undertands that even when he gets his 'new sister' that he will, in fact, have 2 sisters. He is such a sweet, crazy boy. Hope everything is coming along smoothly for the family.

Crystal M. said...

Dylan has to be one of the most amazing little boys I "know" he is so smart and so wonderful when it comes to life. God has sent you 2 of the most loving, caring, selfless children in the world and I know you will get your 3rd one who will be the same way.
God bless you all,
Crystal and Eva

CorrieYoung said...

How wonderful that Dylan has such vivid memories of his precious sister. They both are amazing and I can't wait to see who God will bring to your family.

We thought about you all last week when we were on our way home from the beach driving by Memphis. '

We're always praying for you...

Love,
Corrie

Amy, Mike and Ben Russo said...

Dylan is the sweetest little boy! He has to make you just laugh and smile all the time! Just wait until the girls start chasing him around. He is going to be quite a catch.

Kat said...

OMG you have to send one of those pics to Ben! Dylan is Ben made over in that pic- how funny!!

K