Thursday, July 26, 2007

Dylan has Swimmers Ear

Dylan had to visit Dr. John this morning. He has been complaining about his ear hurting him. On the way, I tried talking to him about possibly taking a shot, if one was offered. It is always a fight when I have to make him take an antibiotic for 10 days, two times a day. I told him with a shot it is over within minutes and then he'll feel better faster.

He was very much against this idea. What kind of shocked me though was when he said "I'm not as strong as Cedie" I asked him what he meant by that. He said she could take shots all the time and barely cry. He said she was so brave and strong and he can't be like that because he's scared of shots. She was so very brave and strong despite her odds and I'm so glad he could see that...

Anyway, turns out it was just swimmers ear so no shots or antibiotics. We just have to give him some ear drops. Hopefully he'll be feeling better soon. His Camp Good Grief (Baptist Bereavement Camp) is next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope Dylan gets to feeling better. He's such a great big brother. It's neat to think that as young as he is now, it seems as though he will NEVER forget all about his sister. Just amazing. And I LOVED the new pics of Cedie, I know they must have been so hard to look through at first, but thanks for sharing them with us.

amy and mighty max said...

How sweet is Dylan? Wow! We were talking about you all this weekend at the conference and what a special big brother Cedie has.

We love you and miss you...

Love, Amy and Max

Crystal M. said...

Hope hes doing better now!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Anonymous said...

Dylan is stronger than he thinks! I believe there is no greater strength than what love gives us. It is love that helps us through our pain and adversities. And Dylan has so much love for all his family. And we share that love with him.

Nana