Sunday, April 8, 2007

Our Easter Weekend in St. Louis!

Thursday night, Dylan, Chris and I drove up to my grandmother's house in St. Louis. It was a long drive but we made it there by 10 and Dylan was really good (thank goodness for car DVD players!).

Friday the three of us met one of my aunts at the St. Louis Mills Outlet mall. This is where we took Cedie last November. We got Chris some new shoes and Dylan some summer shirts. We also visited the NASCAR store (Chris and Dylan's favorite). Nana, G-daddy, and Aunt Mel all arrived that afternoon. Friday night we all had a great dinner and lots of visiting!

Saturday we went to the St. Louis City Museum. It was awesome and we all had so much fun. They have indoor caves, lots of things to climb up and slide down, really cool art displays, and much more. We took the kids there hoping to wear them out but all of us left totally exhausted! We had a blast!

Sunday we all attended my grandmother's church. She was so proud to show off her family! After church we had a huge, delicious lunch. They all surprised me after lunch with a birthday cake (my birthday is tomorrow, the 9th). Around 3pm we started the journey home. We actually made better time coming home than we did going.

Chris, Dylan, and I ended the weekend by watching Happy Feet. It is so cute. Dylan and I had seen it before (we had taken Cedie to see it last December-it was the only movie she ever saw at a theater).

I have lots of pictures from this weekend that I will post soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNIFER! Im glad to see that ya'll made it back safely and that everyone had a good time.

Looking forward to those pictures...

skeybunny said...

Happy B-Day Jennifer. I'm glad you had a fun Easter weekend (that sounds like a really long drive though).

Hugs,
Sarah, Jeremy, and Evan

Crystal M. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNIFER!!!
Sounds like you all had a great weekend, we also watched Happy Feet yesterday.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva