Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend, etc

I am sorry I have been slacking on the updates. Last week was rough for me, emotionally. Thank you all for your words of encouragement.

On a brighter note, we had a great Memorial Day weekend. Chris and I went on an "adults only" camping trip at Spring River in AR. We went up on Friday night. Saturday and Sunday we rented canoes and went on the 12 mile path down the river. It was so much fun and so nice to put all my emotions to the side and just let loose. I missed Dylan a lot (I've never spent 3 nights away from him before) but I think it did me a lot of good.

Dylan had a fun weekend. Saturday he got to go to a birthday party for his best buddy. They went and saw Shrek III and then went to McDonald's. Sunday he went to church and then to the park. Monday morning he went to the zoo and got to hold a real tarantula! He said it climbed up his shoulder and on his face! Its a good thing I wasn't there- I would've fainted!

There was one major downfall to our weekend. Where we were camping we had no cell phone signal. There was one guy at camp that got signal if you took his phone up a steep gravel hill and stood on the RR tracks, in between the tons of trains that pass through there all of the time. So, I called Dylan once each night from his phone. Sunday night I called my mom (Dylan was supposed to be with her that night). She was at the hospital with my dad. Evidently she had left my sis and me lots of messages (which we ofcourse could not retrieve).

Saturday morning my dad was having chest pains. He went to the ER where they determined he was having a mild heart attack and they admitted him. Sunday it was worse so they did a heart cath and found he had two blockages. They had to put in two stints.

I felt so bad when I talked to my mom. We decided we would get up extra early and leave for home so that we could be with him. We went to see him early Monday afternoon and he was feeling much better. He got to go home Tuesday morning.

To My Daddy,

You gave us quite a scare- DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE!

Love Jenn



Anyway, I hope everyone else had a great holiday! I'll post pics soon.

1 comment:

Crystal M. said...

Sorry about your dad but I am glad to hear he is ok. My dad had an attack a few years ago and my family thought it would be a good idea NOT to tell me. Boy was I mad!!
Anyway sounds like you had a nice trip which you diserve and needed. Also Dylan had fun which is good. Make you know and feel good he can and will be ok without you for alittle while.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva