Sunday, May 20, 2007

Memphis in May BBQ Fest

We spent most of the past week in downtown Memphis alongside the river at BBQ Fest. This was Chris 3rd year on the Security Smokers Team. Tuesday was set up.
Wednesday night was Family Night. Dylan and I both joined Chris after work/school. We had so much fun and had lots of good BBQ. Dylan played so hard and made lots of new friends.
Thursday night was the Miss Piggie Contest. Chris and I went to hang out and watch the contest. It was a hoot! (see clips in the video)
Friday, Chris had the cooking contest all day. My sister and I met up with him after work and we partied. Its been a long time since I had that much fun! I ran in to tons of people I know and fun was had by all!
Saturday they announced the winners and guess what..... Chris' team got 9th place on the ribs!!! That's out of 157 teams from all over the world - there was even a Norway team there!

When you consider how much time we actually spent there, I didn't take a whole lot of pics but there's some cute ones in this video:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your placing 9th in the contest. Norway? They don't know barbeque like Memphis knows barbeque! LOL! :) Anyhow, glad to see that everyone had so much fun...

Crystal M. said...

Thats awsome 9th place!!!! CONGRATS TO CHRIS AND HIS TEAM!!!

That looks like so much fun I wish we had more things like that around here to do.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva