Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Cedie's Tree Destroyed

Yesterday, on our way home, Dylan and I noticed that Cedie's tree was gone. It was there when we drove past it Sunday night. When we pulled up next to it, we saw that someone had broken it near the bottom and it was leaning almost to the ground. It was not windy here yesterday so it had to have been done by someone. Her picture was still tied to the fallen tree with her pink ribbon.

Dylan and I were both very upset. Dylan cried and demanded I fix it. I told him I could not. He searched the car for some string and was adamant that I tie it so that it can stand tall. He was so upset so I had to do something. All I had in the car was baby wipes so I tied one around the base. It helped enough to comfort him a little. I told him mommy would find a way to get his sister a new tree.

I didn't realize the extent of how much the tree meant to him (or me). I was so depressed the rest of the evening.

5 comments:

Crystal M. said...

OH MY GOD!! That makes me mad that some people can be so rude!! I hope you can figure something out I wonder how much a new tree would be, I would not mind donating to help get a new tree.
Give Dylan a hug for me, he heart breaks for him and I could just see him digging in the car looking for something to fix little Cedie's tree.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Unknown said...

Jennifer and Dylan, I am so sorry to hear about the incident with the tree. People are cruel sometimes. However, if I had to guess, I would say that many many years from now, there will still be a tree in that very spot. A tree to honor Cedie. Maybe not the same tree, but I believe that there are enough people around you who care enough to make sure that Cedie's memory is honored as it was originally intended to be. I'm with Crystal--count me in on the donation towards Cedie's new tree...

Lindsay Godsey

Amy, Mike and Ben Russo said...

How awful. I can't imagine how heartbreaking that had to be to see not only the broken tree, but your sad son. I don't understand people and how someone could do something like that! Yes, let's get Cedie a new tree!!!

Unknown said...

could u ever find who did this or not

WendyLou's Place said...

how mEAN AND SAD FOR U ALL COUNT ME IN LETS GET CEDIE A NEW TREE
LOVE WENDY IN SULTAN WA