Saturday, March 31, 2007

Our 1st Fundraiser

In order to start the ball rolling on the adoption fund raising, we had a yard sale. The weather was great (up until 1pm when the bottom dropped out). We had quite a few people come by and we made some pretty good money.

Dylan wanted to help too. We set up his little picnic table so that he could sell water, kool-aid, and candy. He was so cute. When people came, he would ask them if he could make them some kool-aid (we had those little packets that you add to water bottles). He told anyone that would listen that he was trying to raise money so he can bring home his new sister. It was so sweet.

Anyone who knows my son knows how important money is to him. He never wants to spend his own money -he has no such qualms about spending our money-. I just knew that when the sale was over, he'd want to keep a least some of the money if not all of it. However, he once again surprized me. He didn't ask to keep any of it and he gave up a $1 that someone gave to him for him to keep.

3 comments:

Crystal M. said...

That is so great!! I wish I could find a way to help you from here. Let me know if you need anything, I know I mapped it out once and we are about 6 or 7 hours from each other.
Dylan again is amazing!!!!

Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Unknown said...

he is so cool

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
I would love to know if you plan on having another yard sale. I have several things I would like to 'donate' to be sold in order to help raise a little money for your newest addition!

Also, I love your eagerness to get things going. There is a very special little girl out there who has NO IDEA how blessed her life is about to be! You think this is maybe how God sees things? He knows before hand how He is about to bless us and we have NO IDEA! What an awesome thought and what an amazing God!