Sunday, March 25, 2007

Easter Flowers for our Angel, Cedie Lynn









Today we replaced Cedie's March flowers with some Easter Calla Lilies. We even found some with a pink edge (Dylan says there always has to be some pink for his sister). I decided she needed some Easter eggs as well. We topped it all off with a "Hello Kitty" ribbon and a Easter Bunny pinwheel.

*In one of the pictures, you can see Dylan "cutting" the grass around her stone with my scissors. Such a silly boy!

We went to church this morning. It was a great sermon, tackling the question "Are you a friend of Jesus?" After church we went to lunch with Memaw and Pepaw. We went and got the flowers at Walmart. Memaw got flowers for her son Andy's grave (he is Chris older brother who died at 21 and is buried near Cedie).

When we were leaving Walmart, I got into a little accident in the parking lot. A lady parked across from me backed out at the same time I did. Thankfully she just got a scratch on her car and my bumper got a little cut and a dent. Neither was worth involving police or insurance. Dylan told the lady she was making us late- "we had to get to Cedie and give her her new flowers at the grave." I then had to explain to the lady what he was talking about. I wonder if that will never be easy to do, even when I tell the abbreviated version.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey great photos...thanks for sharing them...and it was great reading your post...and well as Easter is just round the corner also visit my blog on Easter Greetings sometime and check out all that i've posted there!!!

Unknown said...

wow i love dylan saying that hes late for cedie made me smile

Crystal M. said...

Dylan sure knows how to make a person bring tears to their eyes. Like I said he will always be looking out for his sister. He is the worlds greatest brother.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello! I have a little friend who has CHARGE symdrome and I have been reading your blog. How sweet that Dylan loves Cedie so much! You are a wonderful Mother and I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work and may you and yours have a Wonderful Easter - Peace and Blessings - Sallie