Sunday, March 11, 2007

Went to Church Today

This morning we all went back to our church. I have not been there in a few weeks (when I did that last post about it). After that last time, I realized I needed to give myself a little more time so we have visited a friend's church.

I did much better this time. Being there still brings back the memories of her funeral but at least the vivid pictures in my mind weren't there. I think it brings memories to Dylan too because he talked about Cedie all day. (he always mentions her at least once a day, but today it was more than that)

We have a new interim preacher. Our old preacher, unfortunately, got called to another church out of TN. The interim preacher was very good though and that certainly helped keep me focused on why we were there- to worship God.

We all went to lunch with Memaw and Pepaw (Chris' mom and step dad). That was fun. Dylan got a new set of hand cuffs (now he wants to be a police man) and he kept "arresting" us during the meal.

We all went to Nana's and G-daddy's for dinner. Since the weather was unbelievably nice, we cooked out steaks. While the men were cooking, Dylan and I played croquet! Of course, we played by Dylan's rules :-)

All in all, it was a very nice family day!

1 comment:

Crystal M. said...

Glad you were able to go back to church and I am sure it was super hard. Bless your heart!!
Also sounds like you all had a nice day and enjoyed the weather I hope it keeps up!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva