Monday, March 19, 2007

A Sunday Afternoon in the Park

Sunday, Dylan and I were both kind of down. None of his friends were home so he had no one to play with. He kept saying he wished his sister was here because then he wouldn't be lonely.

So, I decided some time at the park might pull us both up.

At first, he was shy and he just sat near the pond and watched the other kids play. He said again that he wished his sister was here to play with him. So, in order to distract him, I started trying to sneak up on the geese. It worked! He soon was laughing and chasing the geese and ducks. Then a little boy and his sister came over to join the fun. Mommy quickly became forgotten- which was just fine because I got to take some pictures and watch him play.

Any way, enjoy the short montage of our afternoon.

2 comments:

Crystal M. said...

Some days I read and I think WOW Dylan is superboy always trying to make sure mommy is ok and she has a smile on her face. Then I see he has his days too when he needs someone to help put a smile on his face too. I am so glad you both have eachother to keep the other on going, you are a great team and I know Cedie is proud of you both.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennifer,

I know we dont know one another very well, but if Dylan ever has another day like that you should get with me. My Dylan is 4 so they are very close in age and he will be starting kindergarten in August--which he is VERY excited about. Maybe the two of them could get together for a play date. Or we could meet you at one of the parks. My Dylan loves to feed the ducks and we usually go to the park off of Appling. It's walking distance from our house. It would be an honor to be able to spend an afternoon with you and Dylan.

Godseyfive@bellsouth.net